Thursday, January 22, 2015

DIY - How to Make Beautiful Scripture Prints for Your Walls – Custom Typography with Microsoft Word


I just discovered a *NEW* trick and I wanted to share!
 
The Word of God has become so much more than just words to our family in the past few months. I now know why scripture is called "the SWORD OF THE SPIRIT" and our fight, a spiritual "BATTLE". I surely learned to wield that sword last summer. Dodging fiery arrows, however - I'm still working on.
 
I have grown to need God's Word before my eyes at all times as I desire to hide it in my heart, as the scripture teaches. I also want these truths posted "on the doorposts" for my daughter to see, learn, and to cherish.
 
So, I started out with tacky little post-it notes and torn out notebook paper with scribbled verses stuck in every nook and cranny of the house.

 
They were a blessing, but not necessarily a decorative statement - yikes! 
So, I started making these:
 

 
 
 
Aren't they BEAUTIFUL?
I can't print them fast enough! I want them in my kitchen, my daughter's room, the hallway, my bedroom....the post-it notes are coming down!
 
And guess what? They're easy to make...and cheap!!
 
Here's how you can make some for your own home:
 
Just open Microsoft Word (or any word program).
Use the fonts available and your favorite verse to complete your design.
Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to 8.5" x 11"
And PRINT!  =)
 
They can also be printed on white cardstock and framed in a colorful frame! Your creative collection can be push-pinned to a bulletin board, glued to a wooden block, or framed neatly for hanging. They would make a beautiful baby shower gift or something to hang in your own nursery. You can even  shrink them down to make stationary or fit smaller frames.
 
Enjoy!
 

"And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:  And thou shalt TEACH THEM DILIGENTLY UNTO THY CHILDREN, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.  And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.  And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates." - Deuteronomy 6:6-9

 

No comments:

Post a Comment